As a MS student in the internship-based degree, you will be expected to complete coursework, complete an internship and internship project, and encouraged to take part in various program activities including seminar series.
COURSEWORK AND REGISTRATION - MS Internship
- Register for at least 3, and no more than 4 units each in fall, winter, and spring quarter. Remember that you need to have 9 units by the end of year one.
All courses are taken in one academic year. For an example timeline, see MS internship timeline
- You do not need to register for summer quarter as you complete your internship.
Internship AND ACADEMIC PROGRESS
- By the winter quarter you should be arranging your internship.
- Your internship may start in the spring or summer quarter and will consist of at least 240 hours
- An internship product will be decided upon by you and your internship host and must be completed before graduating
- Satisfactory Academic Progress must be maintained by students. A student will not be in good academic standing if he/she has an overall grade average below B (3.0 GPA, and no single grade below C), has more than three incomplete grades, or fails to make satisfactory progress with research as determined by the student’s thesis committee.
Back to top