Applications are due December 1 each year for the following fall. For example, for entrance in Fall 2024, the deadline is December 1, 2023. Apply Here.
The following minimum coursework requirements should be met prior to enrollment in the program:
- At least two Biology courses (or related subject area such as environmental science)
- One semester of Statistics AND one semester of either Organic Chemistry, Genetics, OR Ecology
Scholastic Record (TEst Scores)
The PBC Program looks for appropriate preparation for advanced study and considers each application holistically. We no longer accept GRE scores. If English is your second language and you have not previously attended a school where English was the primary language of instruction, you will need to submit TOEFL scores. Below are suggested minimum scores.
- TOEFL: 577 (paper-based); 233 (computer-based); 90 (internet-based)
- TOEFL test scores for applicants applying to Fall quarter 2021 may not be older than September 1, 2019.
For more information, please see The Graduate School's application requirements.
The Graduate School requires that all applicants submit their materials online through The Graduate School website. The application fee for 2022-2023 is $95 for both domestic and international applications. If you would like to request a fee waiver, learn more here.
Completed applications should contain the following materials:
- Completed electronic Graduate School application form, including answers to a set of standardized prompts from The Graduate School.
- Official transcripts from all academic institutions attended (additional information for international students). Unofficial transcripts can be accepted for review, but if accepted into the program, you will be required to submit an official transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one of the letters should come from someone who is familiar with your academic and/or research experiences. The other letter may also come from someone familiar with your academics/research, or from someone familiar with other characteristics you think are important and relevant to graduate study.
- For applicants whose native language is not English, you must also submit TOEFL scores that are less than two years old.
- Current resume or CV.
For more information on the application process, please see The Graduate School website.